The User’s right to privacy is of paramount importance to BCCL. Any information provided by the User will not be shared with any third party, except for the intended purpose for which such information is provided by the User, in which case User’s consent is implied. BCCL reserves the right to use the information to provide the User a more personalized online experience.
If the Site provides links to web sites and access to content, products and services from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the Site, you agree that BCCL is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third party web sites. The User is requested to peruse the policies posted by other web sites regarding privacy and other topics before use. BCCL is not responsible for third party content accessible through the Site, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements, and User shall bear all risks associated with the use of such content. BCCL is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort which User may incur from dealing with any third party.
In general, you can visit BCCL’s websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when BCCL may need information from you.
BCCL does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide the services as agreed or intended to be generally provided through the Site or any other service you’ve specifically requested, when BCCL has your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- BCCL provides the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with BCCL under strict confidentiality agreements.
- BCCL responds to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise its legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- BCCL believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- BCCL transfers information about User if BCCL is acquired by or merged with another company.
- User may choose to give BCCL personal information, such as your name and address or e-mail id that may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, or to provide you with a subscription. You may send or upload your personal profile, CV, with all your personal, academic and professional background however you agree that you shall not upload or post any obscene, defamatory annoying material on the website. If you tell us that you do not want us to use this information as a basis for further contact with you, BCCL will respect your decision. BCCL intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. BCCL will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information please return the message containing the inaccuracies to BCCL with details of the correction requested.
- BCCL sometimes collects anonymous information from visits to the Site to help us provide better customer service. For example, BCCL keeps track of the domains from which people visit and BCCL also measures visitor activity on the Site, but BCCL does so in ways that keeps the information anonymous. BCCL or its affiliates or vendors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service. BCCL maintains the highest levels of confidentiality for this information, our affiliates and vendors follow the same high levels of confidentiality. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. None of this information is reviewed at an individual level. If you do not want your transaction details to be used in this manner, you can either disable your cookies or opt-out at the download or request page.